- People who want to make the swich from wordpress.com to wordpress.org
- People who want to switch from standard website systems to the WordPress platform.
- People ( i.e small business owners, coaches,trainers and speakers who want more control over their websites/ blogs or want to integrate a blog into their website).
- People or businesses who want an online presence without paying high prices.
- People who want to make websites for their clients.
- People who want to start an online business.
It's required that students are comfortable using a mouse, opening/ saving files and with the general operation of computers.
Introduction: Getting Started with WordPress
- What is WordPress?
- Advantages of using WordPress
- Installing WordPress
- Custom installation
- One-click installation
The WordPress dashboard: setting it up
- General Settings
- Privacy settings
- Reading settings
- Discussion Settings
- Permalink settings
- Using WordPress for a website or a Blog
- Finding and adding existing site templates to WordPress
- Free vs premium WordPress themes
- What is a Plug-in?
- How to find WordPress Plug-ins
- Downloading and installing Plug-ins
- Activating Plug-ins
- Editing Plug-in settings
- Some useful Plug-ins (Security, Ecommerce, anti-spam)
Creating Content for WordPress
- Creating Content: Posts vs. Pages
- Writing and managing Posts
- Writing and managing Pages
- Creating and Managing Links
- Using Categories
- Using Tags
- Managing User Comments
Managing Media in WordPress
- Uploading Images
- Image Formatting
- Managing the Media Library
- Adding Video to your website
SEO and WordPress
- Introduction to SEO
- Making your content search-engine friendly
- Tools for SEO in WordPress
- Role of Social Media on websites
- Adding Facebook and Twitter links the
Class time is 10:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Breaks are scheduled throughout the day and lunch is typically scheduled between 1-2 pm. We provide you with Tea, Coffee, Biscuits and other refreshments on the house. We also have a fridge and a microwave available for you to store/warm up any food you wish to bring along for your lunch.
||Next course: Wednesday 15th February 2017
||10:00 till 16:30
If you can't come to us we can come to you! This course is available as individual 1:1 tuition or small groups at your office as well as at our centre. Please click here for more information.