You Should Attend if...
- You already have some WordPress experience and want to take it to the next stage
- are a web developers/designer, graphic designer, and business owners (with web design knowledge) and want more control over your websites/ blogs or want to integrate a blog into your website.
- You want to make bespoke websites for your clients using WordPress.
- You want to learn about WordPress theme customisation.
- Want to jump into WordPress development quickly without having to do a lot of prerequisite work with PHP and web development.
It's required that students are comfortable using a mouse, opening/ saving files and with the general operation of computers.
- What is WordPress made of?
- The building blocks of WordPress
- Anatomy of a WordPress template
- WordPress Theme Customization
- Available themes
- Theme customization
- Page builder plugins
- How to change different sections of the page
- Hooks and filters for Wordpress
- Customization best practices
- Overriding a theme function
- Theme Function
- Create a simple Wordpress plug-in
- Hand coding vs software for theme creation
- How is data stored in WordPress?
- How WordPress database is built
- Administering your WordPress database with phpMyAdmin
- How WordPress communicates with the database
- wp-config file
- Handling MySQL Databases with PHP
- Simple Database Connectivity
- Database design and manipulation by phpMyAdmin
- Additional functionality with plugins
- Which plugin will work for you?
- eCommerce – best practices to add an online store to your site
Protecting your WordPress site
- Website security:
- SSL certification
- Methods to minimise risk to your website
Class time is 10:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Breaks are scheduled throughout the day and lunch is typically scheduled between 1-2 pm. We provide you with Tea, Coffee, Biscuits and other refreshments on the house. We also have a fridge and a microwave available for you to store/warm up any food you wish to bring along for your lunch.
|Private Course Price and dates
||Please call centre on 0208 443 2888 for a quote and to arrange dates
||10:00 till 16:00
If you can't come to us we can come to you! This course is available as individual 1:1 tuition or small groups at your office as well as at our centre. Please click here for more information.
Book your course securely with PayPal
Book this course now by paying a £100 deposit which secures your place. This is, of course, deducted from the total fees so you would only have to pay the remaining balance shortly before or on the day of the course. Alternatively, you can book directly by calling 0208 443 2888.